The next KMCA General Meeting will be held
June 18th, 2018 – 7:30 PM
at Kemp Mill Elementary School, 411 Sisson Street
Call To Order
Adoption of agenda
Approval of minutes of previous meeting
– Membership & Outreach
– Kemp Mill Village – Alan Breitler
– Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad – deputy Chief Eric Karlsons
Social Media and Internet Committee – motion to replace Google Group and adopt guidelines for use of KMCA discussion group
– Presentation of nominees by Nominating Committee
— Vice President, Seth Jacobson
— Treasurer, Marisol Ravicz
— Directors: Chris Farrell, Andrew Stein, Gil Chlewicki
– Call for nominations from the floor
– Candidate statements (2 minutes each)
New Business (10 minutes)
WSSC recently held a community meeting to provide information on their upcoming project to replace and rehabilitate sewers in the Northwest Branch and Paint Branch basins.
Streets included in the project in Kemp Mill include: Arcola Ave, Auth Ln, Belgrade Rd, Bluff Ter, Bromley St, Claybrook Dr, Clintwood Dr, Clintwood Pl, Cloverhill Dr, Conti Pl,, Fairoak Dr, Fillmore Dr, Fulham St, Hillsboro Dr, Horton Dr, Hoyt St, Kemp Mill Rd, Kenbrook Dr, Kersey Rd, Lamberton Dr, Lovejoy St, Monticello Ave, Rockbridge Rd, Stonington Pl, Watermill Ln, Yeatman Pkwy, and Yeatman Ter. (See the map on page 8.)
You can download a PDF version of their presentation here or view it below.
If you would like more information please refer to the contacts list on page 2.
WSSC Community Outreach Mtg - NWB & PB
The next general meeting of the Kemp Mill Civic Association will be held:
Tuesday April 10th, 2018 – 7:30 PM
at E Brooke Lee Middle School in the cafeteria
Note: The meeting is NOT at the elementary school!
Call to Order
Adoption of Agenda
Approval of Minutes of previous meeting
Discussion and vote on proposed new bylaws – We will be voting on new bylaws that were developed by the Bylaws Committee. Please review them prior to the meeting. You can find them on the web site at https://www.kempmillcivic.org/proposed-bylaws-march-2018/
Program – We will have a presentation and Q&A with Montgomery County Code Enforcement Inspectors about the residential housing code. The Code Enforcement Section home page is at
KMCA is planning a Spring Make Your Own Tick Tube Session on April 16, 2018 from 8-9pm at Kemp Mill Elementary School. This will be open to both members and non-members. Tick tubes are the most effective way to reduce the number of ticks on your property making it safer for outdoor activity. Ticks can transit Lyme disease. Tick tubes are cotton balls soaked in Permethrin stuffed inside a toilet paper roll. Mice take the soft cotton balls back to their nests while the Permethrin kills the ticks but does not harm the mice. Buying pre-made tick tubes costs $80 but the KMCA is buying the materials and offering this event (led by an instructor) at a subsidized rate of $11. You will leave with 24 tick tubes and instructions on how to make more yourself.
Start saving your toilet paper and paper towel rolls to help bring down the cost of the event.
For this event we are requiring reservations and pre-payment so we can buy the correct amount of materials. Please use the form below. Payment is by Paypal, and you will be redirected to Paypal after entering your information.
Chairman, Deer Committee
Kemp Mill Civic Association
Sorry, this event is over. Watch for the next session in Spring 2019.
The KMCA Transportation Committee is pleased to announce that we will have a special meeting on Monday, March 5th from 7-8 PM at the Kemp Mill Elementary School for a presentation and discussion with the Montgomery County Planning Department on the proposed County Bicycle Master Plan. David Anspacher, who is the Supervisor for the Functional Planning and Policy Division within the Montgomery County Planning Department, will be joining us for this hour-long meeting. David will spend the first 10-15 minutes presenting on what the Bicycle Master Plan is and then spend the rest of the session taking questions and comments from members of our community. Items up for discussion could include:
- Internal neighborhood connections for bikes and pedestrians
- Possible bicycle facilities along Arcola Ave and Kemp Mill Road
- Bicycle network for commuting from Kemp Mill to other destinations
- Bicycle parking
- Stations for renting bicycles within Kemp Mill
- Bicycle traffic along Lamberton
- Surrounding trail system
- Safety concerns regarding cyclists
- Anything else that might interest you
This meeting is open to the whole community. Please invite all your neighbors that may have an interest in this meeting to join us. The more participation and input we get at this meeting, the more we can improve Kemp Mill to be a more friendly environment for bicycles and pedestrians.
KMCA Transportation Committee Chair
The next meeting of the Kemp Mill Civic Association will be on Tuesday, December 19th at 7:30 PM in the all-purpose room at Kemp Mill Elementary School.
- The Budget Committee will present their proposed budget for 2018 for review and approval by the membership.
- The Neighborhood Beautification Committee will report on the efforts related to the garden on Lamberton Drive.
- The Deer Committee will have a brief update on the tick tube-making events.
- A representative of the Montgomery County Road Runners Association will speak about a 5K/10K race planned for Sunday, 02/18/18 that will start and finish at Kemp Mill Elementary and run on our neighborhood streets.
- Delegates Ben Kramer and Bonnie Cullison will be attending to speak about the upcoming General Assembly session. Delegate Marice Morales and State Senator Roger Manno were invited but are not confirmed.
- Winter is here… discussion on what steps KMCA can take this winter to help neighbors who may need assistance with snow shoveling after a storm.
A few volunteers spent three hours last Friday cleaning up the garden around the Welcome to Kemp Mill Estates sign on Lamberton Drive.
Thanks to Pete Lublin (Chair of the Neighborhood Beautification committee), Liisa Silverstone, and Yosef Hakim for their work. If you’d like to help Pete with future efforts please contact him at email@example.com.
Front of sign
Back of sign